The bridge to success is access:
Access to quality education, access to go to the college of their dreams, and access to new places and opportunities. At Summit Academy Charter School, we have designed the entire curriculum around the goal of getting scholars into college.
Books are just the beginning of the educational process.
Summit Academy Charter School has developed an integrated program that immerses scholars in a system that culminates in a mastery of subjects. We keep academic standards high, but class sizes small so our extraordinarily dedicated faculty can give each scholar the individual attention he or she needs. That applies to every program at every grade and every level, including special needs.
Our funding comes from a mix of government agencies and private donors
so scholars can take advantage of this tremendous opportunity without having to pay any tuition whatsoever.
We don’t just prepare students for college. We prepare them for life.
More than just a generic mission, college preparation is at the crux of Summit Academy’s purpose. The reality is that not all scholars will obtain a scholastic scholarship to a college or university, so Summit Academy Charter School deliberately creates alternate paths to secondary education for all scholars. This sense of shared responsibility is a critical factor in maintaining world-class expectations for every scholar –regardless of race, gender, religion, socioeconomic status, or prior educational achievement.
Application Process Steps:
NOTE: The application period for enrollment in September 2024 closes on April 1st. Applications submitted after April 1st will be entered onto the waiting list in the order they are received.
1. Fill out one Application Form per child you wish to enroll (takes approximately 5 minutes per application).
2. You and your child(ren) must be New York State residents to apply to Summit Academy Charter School.
3. Summit Academy will send you a confirmation notice that your application was received within 5 business days.
4. On April 9, 2024 a lottery will be held to determine your child(ren’s) admission to Summit Academy Charter School.
Additionally, a lottery preference is given to:
1. Siblings of current or accepted scholars;
2. Children of Summit Academy Charter School employees; and
3. Applicants who reside within the Community School District of a school they’ve applied to.
1. Apply by April 1, 2024
2. Receive Eligibility Confirmation
3. Await Lottery Selection
4. Receive and Return Enrollment
5. See you at Summit Academy Charter School!